Who We Are
Who We Are
ANTECH Imaging Services (AIS®) is the veterinary industry’s #1 veterinary telemedicine and web-based image storage solution.
AIS® provides over 600,000 telemedicine consults each year. AIS stores over 920 million images and currently stores over 400,000 images daily, making AIS® the leader in cloud-based storage (PACS).
Founded in 1999 as DarkHorse Medical Ventures, DarkHorse joined VCA, Inc. in 2005. DarkHorse moved to ANTECH Diagnostics in 2010 with a name change to ANTECH Imaging Services (AIS®). AIS® is a Division of ANTECH Diagnostics and is wholly owned by Mars, Inc.
AIS® is dedicated to providing the best telemedicine has to offer in the veterinary industry by offering a fast, reliable way to bring board-certified specialists into your practice to help provide your clients and their pets with the best care possible.
Telemedicine represents the merging of today’s cutting-edge digital technologies with the best of traditional veterinary medicine.
Telemedicine is the most efficient, cost-effective way to access the advice and guidance of board-certified specialists when you can’t have one in your practice—enabling you to provide your clients and their pets with the best care possible.
I already know how to read x-rays, why should I consider submitting them to a board-certified specialist?
- Improve the quality of medicine in your practice through access to board-certified specialists. The standard of care in veterinary medicine is increasingly shifting to mirror the standard in human medicine which expects radiological images to be reviewed by a board-certified specialists.
- Improve patient care with more accurate findings, leading to more effective treatment plans or recommendations for further diagnostic investigation.
- Create more time to see patients by having a board-certified specialist evaluate your images and provide you with a written report of their findings, which can be included in the patient’s medical record and frees up your time to see more patients.
- Enhance client perception of the level of care you offer.
- Learn the latest techniques and treatments by having a report for every case. It’s like having a boarded specialist in your practice!
- How do you know you’re missing something if you are missing it? Hospitals that incorporate telemedicine on a routine basis find that 15-20% of their cases contain information that they would have missed on their own.
Antech Imaging Services provides quality telemedicine solutions that enable veterinarians to practice high-quality medicine confidently. AIS® also provides stellar customer service that enables hospitals to run efficiently and smoothly while increasing revenue.
- Standard turnaround times are typically within 24 hours, depending on caseload. STAT availability is within two hours.
- Antech Imaging Services reports are available online, via fax, or e-mail.
- Veterinarians have the ability to have preferred board-certified specialists read their cases.
- The technical support staff is there for you 24/7/365 via phone and e-mail.